Sunday, March 2, 2008

~Paula Deen's Corn Casserole~YUMMY!!! New Ebay Listing TOO!!

VINTAGE PAPER BAG ALBUM~MY FAMILY
I LISTED THIS LITTLE CREATION ON EBAY TODAY:))
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190203513290&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=009

I made Paula Deen's "Corn Casserole" today for dinner and it was yummy. We had grilled chicken and my Son's favorite Chicken Rice-a -Roni.. I will post the recipe in case someone wants to try it. It is really rich and definitely comfort food:)) It is easy to make and it is a keeper in my recipe book.Hope everyone has a good week!!!Cecile

Corn Casserole(Paula Deen)
Serves 6-6
1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernal corn, drained
1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream style corn
1 8 ounce package corn muffin mix(recommended Jiffy)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup butter,melted
1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

-Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
-In a large bowl, Stir together the 2 cans of corn, muffin mix, sour cream and melted butter
-Pour into a greased casserole dish.Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
-Remove from oven and top with cheddar cheese.
-Return to oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
-Let stand 5 minutes and then serve warm.



3 comments:

Missy Glave said...

Okay ... so I'm drooling just thinking about Paula's corn casserole. It's a favorite here in our house! I'll have to make it this coming weekend.

Lady ... the album you listed on Ebay is sooooooo beautiful!! You can definately tell ALOT of love and work went into it!!

Unknown said...

Ok the album is JUST GORGEOUS! I am so impressed by your talent! Simply fabulous Dahling......

The casserole sounds soooooo good! I can't wait to try it at my house. My husabnd is a corn lover so it may just win me some brownie points!!!

Sandy said...

i love how she uses butter and sour cream in everything! wonderful album.